Sydney S. McLaffertyWe have successfully represented plaintiffs in civil matters for more than three decades.
“It is truly a rewarding experience to go home every night from work knowing I have helped someone through a difficult experience and impacted his or her life in a positive way”
- B.A., English, The Ohio State University (2000)
- J.D., Capital University Law School (2003)
Honors & Achievement
- Women’s Caucus Chair, Ohio Association for Justice, 2013 – present.
- Board of Trustees, Ohio Association for Justice, 2014 – present.
- Advocates Circle, Ohio Association for Justice, 2010 – present.
- Lawyer’s Caucus, Ohio Association for Justice, 2013-2014
- Board of Directors, Central Ohio Association for Justice, 2013 – present
- Negligence Committee Chair, Central Ohio Association for Justice, 2007 – 2014
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Capital Associates Planning Committee, 2003 -2004
- Central Ohio Associations for Justice
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
Sydney comes from a family with many attorneys. Her grandfather, now deceased, started a law firm in Troy, Ohio where her uncle and cousin still practice. With a total of three uncles and one aunt all as attorneys, a career in the law was a natural fit.
Sydney is married to her husband, Scott whom she met during her first year of law school. They are raising their two sons in Upper Arlington. Originally from Wyoming, Ohio (a suburb of Cincinnati), Sydney enjoys traveling to Cincinnati to see family and friends..
Sydney is a regular supporter of a variety of community organizations including Children’s Hospital, the YWCA Family Center, Franklin County Children’s Services Holiday Wish Program, and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Sydney also serves as a volunteer parent mentor for the Cleft Lip and Palate Center at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
Hobbies & Interests
Sydney enjoys spending time with her family, especially at her sons’ various sporting events, exercising, and following The Ohio State University’s athletics. Sydney is an active member of the PTO where her sons have gone to school and works year round on the planning committee for the school’s annual fundraiser. She also spends a great deal of time doing laundry, which might as well be listed as an interest, considering how much time she spends doing it.