J. Scott BowmanWe have successfully represented plaintiffs in civil matters for more than three decades.
Partner and Board Certified Trial Lawyer
“I dedicate my professional practice to helping individuals and families through difficult times. When someone is hurt because of someone else’s failure to abide by society’s safety rules, the person who did follow the rules should not bear the burden placed upon them.”
- B.S., Illinois State University (1993)
- J.D, The Ohio State University College of Law (1998)
Honors & Achievement
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy;
- Ohio Rising Star for the years 2005, 2006 and 2007
- Ohio SuperLawyer for 2015 and 2016
- Admitted to all State of Ohio and U.S. District Courts in Ohio
- Served on the Ohio Judicial Conference’s Ohio Jury Instructions Committee and drafted Ohio Jury Instructions
- Member, Ohio Association of Justice;
- Member, American Association of Justice;
- Member, Columbus Bar Association;
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
In his spare time he enjoys serving his community by working within several legal and non-legal organizations. Scott served on the Columbus Bar Association’s Common Pleas Court and Arbitration Committees. In addition, he served on the Ohio Judicial Conference’s Ohio Jury Instructions Committee with state judges, law school professors, and attorneys in drafting and amending Ohio’s Jury Instructions regarding negligence law. He is also a member of the Ohio Association for Justice and Ohio State Bar Association.
Hobbies & Interests
Scott’s non-legal community work includes serving as a volunteer judge for several mock trial competitions including Capital Law School’s Trial Advocacy Course and the Ohio Center for Law-Related Education competitions. He also served on the board of the Greek Olympic Society as the organization’s Secretary. He helps feed the homeless through his local Greek Orthodox Church’s food program.
In his spare time, Scott enjoys playing basketball, working out, music and reading autobiographies and spending time with his wife Angie, his daughter Ellie and son Angelo.